- This event has passed.
DISRUPT CYPRUS: IDEAS FORWARD
November 16, 2016 @ 20:00 - November 17, 2016 @ 01:00 EETFree
Cyprus celebrates innovation and entrepreneurship
The Global Entrepreneurship Week 2016 opens in Cyprus with the Disrupt: Ideas Forward event, on Wednesday November 16th 2016, 18:00, at the European University Cyprus.
The event will host influential speakers, accomplished entrepreneurs, investors and key stakeholders. They will present best entrepreneurial practices and examples with an aim to inspire a culture of creativity, innovation, entrepreneurship and extroversion.
Speakers include Mr. Konstantinos PETRIDIS, Deputy Minister of the President of the Republic of Cyprus, Hon. Kathleen DOHERTY, US Ambassador to the Republic of Cyprus, Mr.Jonathan ORTMANS, President of the Global Entrepreneurship Network, Mr. Peter NATHANIAL, Member of the International Presidential Business Advisory Council, Ms. Shelly PORGES,National Finance Council – Hillary for America & Co-Founder Entrepreneurs for Hillary and Mr. Andrew TINNEY, CFO of WARGAMING.
The Rector of the European University Cyprus, Professor Konstantinos GOULIAMOS, the Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Youth Board of Cyprus, Mr. Panagiotis SENTONAS, the General Manager of Corporate & Commercial Marketing & Insurance of the Hellenic Bank, Mr. Phivos STASOPOULOS, the Chairman of KPMG Cyprus, Mr. Angelos GRIGORIADES and Ms. Stavriana KOFTEROS of Startup Cyprus, will also participate.
The co-founder of the host, non-governmental organization Industry Disruptors – Game Changers (ID-GC), Mr. Michalis STANGOS and the founder of way out communications and Cyprus representative of ID-GC, Mr. John GEORGOULAS, will open the event.
Furthermore, the final stage of Disrupt Cyprus Cup II will take place at the event. Finalists will pitch their ideas live to a panel of judges and the audience and claim prizes of 40.000€ that include:
- Cash prize of 8.000€, kindly offered of OPAP Cyprus.
- One participation in the Global Entrepreneurship Congress and the global final of the Future Agro Challenge competition that will take place in Johannesburg, South Africa with awards of 2.000.000$ value, kindly sponsored by OPAP Cyprus.
- Two participations α) in the biggest international startup event Launch Festival and b) the global final of the Clean Tech Open, Global Ideas Competition with awards of 5.000.000$ value. Both events take place in San Francisco, USA. Participations are kindly sponsored by the US Embassy to the Republic of Cyprus.
- Forty (40) hours of premium mentoring and consulting in entrepreneurial finance, accounting and legal matters, kindly offered by KPMG Cyprus.
- Digital marketing services of 10.000€ value, kindly offered by Digital Tree.
- A scholarship to its world renowned idea accelerator, kindly offered by the Founder Institute, Cyprus Chapter.
- Opportunity to pitch live to Cyban angel investors.
In addition, the audience will vote for the best startup of the final and enter the draw for a 3-days trip to Copenhagen to attend the renowned Creative Business Cup, a competition for startups of the creative industries.
Within the framework of Disrupt Cyprus, Mind the Gap II will also be organized, a closed policy roundtable that aims to reinforce dialogue between Greek and Turkish Cypriot entrepreneurial communities. Several experts have been invited to participate and discuss current dynamics and trends that shape the regional entrepreneurial ecosystem. Event outcomes will include policy proposals for further developing and expanding innovation and entrepreneurship in Cyprus.
Disrupt Cyprus: Ideas Forward are co-hosted by Industry Disruptors – Game Changers (ID-GC), the Youth Board of Cyprus, Startup Cyprus and way out communications, with the support of the Embassy of the USA to the Republic of Cyprus.
Lead Partners are the Hellenic Bank, OPAP Cyprus and KPMG Cyprus. Partners are the European University Cyprus, Vassos Eliades Ltd, MSCOMM and KEMANES print shop. Community partners are the Founder Institute Cyprus Chapter, Junior Achievement Cyprus, the Cypriot Enterprise Link, Cyban,Capital Impact, IDEA, CYRIC, the LSE Alumni Association Cyprus, Digital Tree e-publications and Impossible Works.
Exclusive media partners are Capital Today and sigmalivetv.
Event info and image via EventbriteTags: gew global entrepreneurship week