- This event has passed.
Know Your Banana! Open Media and Civil Society Workshop
January 14, 2017 @ 11:30 - January 15, 2017 @ 19:00 EET
You are cordially invited to a 2-day workshop on Media collaboration and awareness on fair food, its social and environmental impact, as well as citizen participation and mobilization towards fair conditions in the production sector.
The workshop is co-organized by the Future Worlds Center - Cyprus Neuroscience & Technology Institute and Join2Media in colaboration with the community, within the framework of the EU-funded project Make Fruit Fair! ( www.makefruitfair.org )
Media professionals, students, Community Media broadcasters, food activists, and interested members of the community are welcome to participate, bring and develop their ideas.
The workshop is open and free of charge; however, we kindly request you to register to ensure all is served right :). You may kindly register through this link: https://docs.google.com/
Both days (14 and 15 January) start at 9:30am with registration and coffee. 10:00am we begin, we break for lunch (provided) and continue in the afternoon. We will be finishing by about 5:00pm.
The following subjects will be discussed and work upon:
- Understanding food and media.
- Understanding fairness, exploitation and corruption in terms of food industry, and how media and civil society can collaborate to make a difference.
- New media techniques and strategies to utilise for stronger campaigns.
- Collaborative projects among participants will be developed within the framework of these workshops and beyond.
- The project will be able to support your endeavours, provide training and advice and facilitate publications and exhibitions.
- Plus, it will be fun :).
- Fair, ethical, healthy and environmentally sustainable production and consumption is what we envision!
- In that spirit, food, snacks and beverages will be provided. And bananas. From Paphos!
What are the issues behind your banana? This workshop will explore the environmental and social impact behind our food production, using tropical fruits as a case study. We will look at the role of media, community media and civil society organisations in raising awareness to the consumers and citizens and in mobilizing them to advocate towards fair conditions in the production sector.
Venue: Cyprus Community Media Centre - CCMC , Ledra Palace Buffer Zone, Nicosia
Language: English (all relevant material are available in English, Greek and Turkish)
For more information contact Sophia at sarnaouti@futureworldscent
See you there!
Event info and image via FacebookTags: civil society Cyprus environment ethics food health impact media open media social sustainability Workshop
- January 14, 2017 @ 11:30
- January 15, 2017 @ 19:00
- Event Categories:
- Culture, Networking, Peace Building, Sustainability
- Event Tags:
- civil society, Cyprus, environment, ethics, food, health, impact, media, open media, social, sustainability, Workshop
- Future Worlds Center – Cyprus Neuroscience & Technology Institute