Position Category: full-time employment which includes very attractive remuneration according to qualifications and expertise.
Location: Research centre on Interactive media, Smart systems and Emerging technologies, Nicosia, Cyprus
The Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart Systems and Emerging Technologies (RISE) is a newly founded research and innovation Centre of Excellence in Cyprus designed to integrate academic research and industrial innovation towards sustainable fuelling of the scientific, technological and economic growth of Cyprus and Europe. For further information about the Centre, please visit www.rise.org.cy.
The Centre will conduct excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. RISE will engage in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
The Centre is seeking Project Managers to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals. RISE is an equal opportunity employer and the positions are open to everyone, internationally.
Main responsibilities include:
- Manage projects effectively to ensure quality throughout the process and timely delivery
- Define scope and expected deliverables, determine success metrics and track against milestones
- Assist in preparing reports and deliverables
- Manage changes to the projects’ scope, schedule and cost where necessary
- Monitor risks proactively, drive prioritisation, balance business needs versus constraints and take mitigation actions and contingency planning
- Develop effective presentations and project update materials to communicate project status
- Proactively identify new national, European and international funding opportunities
- Organise and participate in the preparation of research and innovation grants at national, European, and international levels
Profile of the ideal candidate
- University degree in Project Management, or degree in an area related to the Centre’s research & innovation focus (e.g. visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence); a post-graduate degree will be considered an advantage
- At least 5 years of experience in a position with similar responsibilities including solid exposure to project management is a must
- Demonstrated capacity in grant writing preferred
- At least 3 years of experience working in EC funded projects (FP7, H2020, etc.) preferred
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMI and/or Prince II) will be considered an advantage
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Very good organisational skills, attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Results oriented with an ability to work under deadlines
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Excellent knowledge of English
- For non EU applicants a work permit will be required
A very attractive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates according to qualifications and expertise.
Interested candidates should submit the following items via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cover letter which clearly specifies availability date for full time employment.
- Full CV (including personal contact details).
- Contact details of two referees.
The deadline for applications is the 28th of January 2019.
For general inquiries, applicants may contact the Senior HR Business Partner of RISE-Research centre on Interactive media, Smart systems and Emerging technologies at email@example.com
Job description and image via RISE