Website Research centre on Interactive media, Smart systems and Emerging technologies – RISE LTD
A research and innovation Centre of Excellence based in Cyprus.
The Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart System and Emerging Technologies – RISE LTD is seeking a Graphics Engineer/Programmer to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals for full-time employment at its premises in Nicosia, Cyprus.
Main responsibilities include:
- Follow design specifications to develop, test, debug, install, document, and maintain new software applications;
- Follow design specifications to develop new and enhanced functionality for existing software applications;
- Prepare code and documentation in support of program development;
- Provide graphics programming support to research teams;
- Build VR features for a range of uses;
- Collaborate with 3D-artists on graphics techniques.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, interactive multimedia or engineering discipline, or equivalent experience. Master’s degree considered an advantage;
- Minimum 1 year of work experience as a Game or Graphics Programmer is a must;
- Professional experience in programming C/C++ and C#;
- Background in object-oriented design and software engineering methodologies;
- Experience developing applications in Unity3D;
- Experience in developing VR applications and working with VR headsets, e.g. Oculus Rift, HTC Vive etc, will be considered a plus;
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools;
- Understanding of graphics pipeline;
- Ability to troubleshoot;
- Write clean, maintainable and portable code;
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- For non EU applicants a work permit will be required.
RISE LTD is a newly founded research centre of excellence in Nicosia, Cyprus. The Centre will conduct excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. RISE LTD will also engage in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
RISE LTD is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
For additional information and to apply to this position, please visit http://www.rise.org.cy/en-gb/vacancies/graphics-engineer-programmer/
The deadline for applications is the 13th of May 2019.
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.