Website Research centre on Interactive media, Smart systems and Emerging technologies – RISE LTD
A research and innovation Centre of Excellence based in Cyprus.
The Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart System and Emerging Technologies – RISE LTD is seeking a Machine Learning Engineer/Software Developer to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals for full-time employment at its premises in Nicosia, Cyprus.
Main responsibilities include:
- Work with multidisciplinary research teams to identify and define innovation opportunities;
- Actively participate in developing strategy around which frameworks, technologies and infrastructure the teams should use for machine learning (ML)-related work;
- Build proof-of-concepts and prototypes that can be used to demonstrate the impact of research in real-world settings;
- In collaboration with existing research teams, build a set of reusable models/solutions for rapid prototyping;
- Lead development efforts to bring machine learning algorithms into production systems;
- Lead development, monitoring, and maintenance of complex data pipelines to support production systems.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering discipline, or equivalent experience. Master’s degree considered an advantage;
- Minimum 2 years of work/educational experience in Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a must;
- Experience with two or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, C/C++, Python, Scala, or R;
- Experience with one or more of the following: natural language processing, sentiment analysis, classification, pattern recognition, reinforcement learning, deep learning;
- Development experience with AI frameworks such as TensorFlow, Microsoft CNTK, scikit, Keras, Caffe, Gluon, Torch, SageMaker, Azure AI;
- Experience and familiarity presenting to technical audiences, and helping them identify the right solution among available choices;
Strong software engineering skills, and ability to work with both researchers/scientists and other software engineers;
- Understanding of software development methodology, agile practices, and the full range of tools that modern software developers use;
- Strong knowledge of production data pipelines supporting prescriptive and generative modeling techniques;
- Strong knowledge and understanding of machine learning pipelines from standardization, normalization, clustering, modeling, scoring, and validation;
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- For non EU applicants a work permit will be required.
RISE LTD is a newly founded research centre of excellence in Nicosia, Cyprus. The Centre will conduct excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. RISE LTD will also engage in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
RISE LTD is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
For additional information and to apply to this position, please visit http://www.rise.org.cy/en-gb/vacancies/machine-learning-engineer-software-developer/
All applications are treated in the strictest confidence.