Website Research centre on Interactive media, Smart systems and Emerging technologies – RISE LTD
A research and innovation Centre of Excellence based in Cyprus.
The Research Centre on Interactive Media, Smart System and Emerging Technologies – RISE LTD is seeking a Technology Transfer Manager to join its fast-growing team of passionate and enthusiastic professionals for full-time employment at its premises in Nicosia, Cyprus. The The Technology Transfer Manager will be responsible for the identification and commercialization of intellectual property (IP) arising from RISE research. He/she will advise on commercial issues in research contracts, identify and protect IP, and take a lead role in commercializing the IP though licensing and/or the creation of start-up companies.
Main responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the Centre’s Research team and monitor ongoing research for early identification of intellectual property arising from RISE LTD research projects;
- Develop and advise on optimum protection and commercialisation strategies;
- Build market knowledge and a high level of understanding of relevant market sectors;
- Implement commercial strategies including negotiating licence agreements, establishing start-up companies and advise promoters of such new ventures;
- Promote awareness of the importance of IP and other commercial issues in the Centre’s research;
- Ensure communication with both active and passive partners of the centre, ensuring that they are aware of outputs and new opportunities;
- Work with researchers when developing research partnerships to ensure collaboration agreements properly consider Intellectual Property Rights.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Graduate studies in Business Management. Research qualification in relevant technical areas related to RISE or an MBA will be considered an advantage;
- Minimum of 5 years of appropriate and relevant work;
- Knowledge of IP protection, IP rights law, and IP policy in Cyprus and the EU;
- Ability to assimilate and understand scientific and technological issues;
- Ability to identify and assess opportunities for commercialisation and networking with academics and industrialists to realise those opportunities;
- Fluent in English (written and spoken);
- For non-EU applicants a work permit will be required.
RISE LTD is a newly founded research centre of excellence in Nicosia, Cyprus. The Centre will conduct excellent, internationally competitive scientific research in the areas of visual sciences, human factors and design, communication, and artificial intelligence delivered by high-calibre multidisciplinary research teams. RISE LTD will also engage in knowledge transfer and innovation activities aiming to bridge the gap between scientific research and STEM-led innovation and entrepreneurship.
RISE LTD is an equal opportunity employer and the position is open to everyone, internationally.
For additional information and to apply to this position, please visit http://www.rise.org.cy/en-gb/vacancies/technology-transfer-manager/